Ship a Car to Another State
How to Ship a Car to Another State
Shipping your car to another state is obviously a task that you cannot handle on your own, the task needs to be outsourced to an auto shipping company. Hence, your first assignment in shipping your car to another state is to search for available auto shipping companies that is safe, secure, licensed, and affordable at the same time.
There are certain things you will like to avoid when shipping your car and as a result of this you need to get a transportation company that will guarantee you the following;
- They must be able to deliver your car to your preferred destination as at when due without compromising on the agreed arrival time.
- The car must arrive the new location safely without any damage being done to it, which means there should be no scratches, no paint chips, and no dents whatsoever inflicted on the car.
- Their services must be affordable and yet they must be of top-quality at the same time.
- The whole transportation process has to be seamless without you having to leave other important things you need to attend to and of course, this is the reason why you have decided to engage the services of an experienced auto transportation company.
The first thing to do in shipping a car to another state is to source for aa dependable and trustworthy company that is licensed, secured, and insured and other things will naturally fall in place.
Just like moving from one place to another may be tedious so also moving a car to another state may also be tedious. The bulk of the whole task stops at putting logistics right before, during, and after moving to your new location. If all logistics are in place, then definitely whether you are moving your car or anything else like a piano will be seamless.
I will be highlighting a few steps to be taken when you are moving your car to another state. These steps will guide you and help you have a good experience whenever you plan to move your car.
1. Choose a Shipping Company
Getting a right shopping company is the foundation to everything else you will need to do to have an enjoyable moving experience. If you get the choice correct you are in for a good time. However, if you are unlucky to go with the wrong company, everything might just out a mess, so it is good to take your time to source for the right company. Some of the things you need to do to make the right choice of shipping company are a s follows;
- Check Auto/Shipping Transporter Review: The best measure of future performance is to evaluate past performances, so before you engage any auto transport company make sure you read reviews about them from independent sites so that you don’t read reviews that have been doctored. Find out what their clients say about them, ask friends and families for recommendations.
- Compare Prices: In as much as you want quality services, you still would not want to go outside your budget, s it is good to get quotes from different companies and you compare to make your final decision.
- Check Their Registration: Make sure your selected shipping company is registered and has a valid US Dot number on their website. With this you can know if the company is legitimate or not.
- Liaise With Your Auto Transport Company: Call your auto transporter to have an idea of their professionalism and responsiveness. Try to know if they will answer your call and how fast they will reply to your message or get back to you.
2. Book A Viable Shipping Date
After you have settled for a shipping company, the next thing is to book an available shipping date. Carefully evaluate your situation and select a date and book ahead of time; at least two weeks earlier s that you can get good rates and delivery dates. If you book too close to your move date, it will be considered as an emergency shipment and it will cost more.
3. Prepare Your Car
Make sure you prepare and get your car ready for shipping before the pickup date and time. A few things you need to do in order to get your car ready may include;
- Wash the outside and inside of your car; this will make it easier for you to notice any scratch, and dents that may appear on the car in transition.
- Inspect your car with the tracker.
- Take picture where necessary before your car is transported.
- Empty your tank so that it does not add weight to your car but ensure you have enough fuel that will be enough for unloading and loading.
- Remove all your personal belongings by clearing all you have in the car.
- Handover your car keys to the driver.
- Remove any removable part in your car s that it doesn’t get missing in transition.
- Deactivate your car alarm.
4. Pick Your Car
Your shipping company will give you a delivery window that includes the timing when your car will be delivered. This may take few weeks depending on your destination. You will need to monitor the progress of the job by communicating with your shipper from time to time and also this can be done through a tracker. Your shipping company should provide a means with which you can track your car through a GPS enabled tracker.
Finally, upon delivery, make sure you inspect your car for any damages, dents, and scratches, among others. If your car arrived in good condition, then you can sign the bill of loading. If you find any kind of scratches, dents, or damages you can use the document to file a claim.
Moving your car to another state requires a lot of effort and as such you should make necessary plans ahead of time and make sure you engage a top professional auto transport company to get the job done for you and you will enjoy the whole process without you having to move a morsel.