What are You moving?
How does it work?
Book Your Mover
As you start trying to sort out everything that you need to do for relocating to Oklahoma, you are likely exploring a lot of different avenues that you need to make sense of to make your move happen. How can you know that you’re doing what is best for your purposes? And how can you reduce the chaos that often occurs around a long-distance or even a local move?
Hiring the best movers in Oklahoma with the help of iMoving is a great way to make sure that you’re doing everything possible in order to stay ahead of problems and concerns. You see, at iMoving, we are here to help you connect with the best options for your moving needs, no matter what that looks like or how you want to take care of everything.
We’re what is known as a moving facilitator – a company that is focused on helping you to get quotes and connect you with the Oklahoma movers that can assist you with your moving needs. We’ve done a lot of work to make sure that every local, long-distance moving company we partner with is trustworthy, affordable, and efficient. We’ve built an easy to use website that allows you to get results, compare quotes, and pick the Oklahoma moving company of your choice in just a few easy steps – and that’s a big deal when you’re trying to make sure that your move goes as smoothly as possible.
Moving Services in Oklahoma
- Local and Long Distance Moving Services. Interstate and cross-country moves are both available when you’re working with Oklahoma long-distance movers. Local moves are usually within 100 miles or less.
- Packing and Unpacking Services. Instead of packing on your own, you can save time (and backaches) by spending a little extra and getting packing and unpacking services.
- Commercial and Business Movers. Businesses need specialized moving services, and only some moving companies in Oklahoma can provide that for them.
- Storage Services. If there is a delay or you’re downsizing, you may need storage help for awhile, and some movers in Oklahoma also offer these services to their customers.
- White Glove Services. Do you have antiques, large instruments, or other items that may need some additional care when moving? Look for white glove services as an option.
- Sales for Packing Supplies. Do you need moving boxes, tape, or labels? Some moving companies offer moving kits or supplies as part of their business model.
1. Pack as early as you can
As soon as you are certain of your move, you want to be sure that you start packing and preparing. The sooner that you start packing for your move, the easier it will be and the less chance that you’ll need to deal with a period of fast, anxiety-driven, chaotic packing.
2. Label, label, label!
Label everything! Even if you’re using bags or easily recognizable bins, you will be much better off if everything has a label. If you color code things and explain the system to your Oklahoma movers, then you’ll also find that they have an easier time putting boxes in the right rooms when you unload.
3. Get friends and family to help with packing
“Many hands make light work” is a very true adage, and if you can get friends and family to come and help you out, you will feel a lot more confident and save a lot of time and headache as well.
4. Have a place for important document and keep that with you
You want to be sure that you keep important documents and valuables in a place where you know where they are – and honestly, it’s best if that place is with you. Having that stuff on hand means that it’s there in case of an emergency and it’s less likely to get lost.
5. Pack an overnight bag and have an “open me first!” box
Having items that are easy to access – like toiletries and clothing – can really make the first few nights at your new home less stressful.
6. Donate and throw away items while packing, not after you get to your new place
You don’t need to drag everything with you when you go to your new home. Start separating so that you can take items to your local thrift store or give them away and then you don’t need to bother packing them.
What Should You Expect When Moving to Oklahoma?
- The cost of living in Oklahoma is one of the lowest in the country. Even buying a home is relatively affordable and easy to do, no matter where you’re moving in the state. As a result, your payment may also be a little lower than where you’ve come from, but the difference in the cost of living will more than makeup for it.
- The spaces around Oklahoma City can get really busy, and you need to be sure that you give yourself enough lead time when you’re driving somewhere in, through, or around OKC. The traffic can get pretty heavy.
- Most people assume that Oklahoma is flat, but the fact is, the topography in and around the state is actually really diverse. In some parts of the state, you’ll see gorgeous mountains – in others, you’ll see flatlands and even others, you’ll see spaces that are almost desert-like.
- Always take tornado sirens seriously (unless you were told about a siren test ahead of time). Tornados are a big issue throughout the entire state, so you want to be sure that you take cover and stay safe when you’re out and about.
- There are lots of great places to eat all over the state! Whether you like fried food or great barbecue, you will find it all and without any problems. It’s also really affordable to get great food. Also, if you love food, be sure that you take a trip out to enjoy everything that there is to eat at the Oklahoma State Fair.
- People are really friendly – even if you’re in the urban areas in and around OKC. It’s easy to figure out where you’re going, because you always have people that are volunteering to help you with directions or giving you advice as to where your best options for dinner are going to be.