What are You moving?
How does it work?
Book Your Mover
Movers in Phoenix, AZ
iMoving is the latest addition to the world of Phoenix AZ movers. We are a referral moving service which is a little different from what usually happens.
Instead of spending time looking up all the local Phoenix movers, you put a few details into our website and we work our magic to make your move nothing like you have ever experienced before.
At iMoving, we had heard all the horror stories; movers not showing up because they got a better job, movers quoting one price and demanding another, broken stuff and rude movers. So, we decided to do something different.
We work with local and long-distance moving companies in Phoenix, AZ who share a common vision with us. We go out and visit their offices and warehouses to make sure that they hold to our core values. At the same time we check that their licenses and insurance are bang up to date, and we check they have been in the business for at least two years.
What are these core values? We have defined them as professionalism, transparency, respect, reliability and honest pricing. We are sure you’ll agree they are exactly what you’re looking for, even in long-distance Phoenix, AZ moving companies.
If you like the idea of paying exactly what the quotation says, give us a try. It is different, but we think you’ll love having someone on your side that cares about your move as much as you.
Moving Services in Phoenix, AZ
If you think movers show up on the day and that’s it, the services available may surprise you.
- Packing materials: Often movers will be able to deliver all the supplies you need to your home on a use or return basis.
- Special Handling: If you have over-sized furniture, a piano, or just a few things that need special attention, some Phoenix movers on our partner list have the qualifications and equipment to handle it.
- Full packing: Do you love the idea of someone else doing the whole thing? Be sure to ask your prospective movers about their fees.
- Storage: Is there a gap between moving out and moving in? Phoenix, AZ movers often have secure storage space available.
- Local Moving: Local moves might not entail as much travel time, but when it comes to the actual move, you need properly licensed and qualified moving companies that can handle the size of your home.
- Long Distance Moving: Long distance doesn’t mean miles, it means moving across state lines. Long-distance Phoenix, AZ moving companies must adhere to the regulations in different states and have trucks and equipment for long-haul moves.
- Commercial Moving: Take the stress away and be ready come Monday morning by working with movers experienced in executing office moves.
Here are a few pointers to help your move
- Create a box numbering system: Keeping tabs on everything on a moving day is the trickiest part, especially when you’re tired. Knowing that you have 75 boxes and then ticking each one off as it comes in makes the day a lot easier.
- If you’re moving into a rental, take pictures before your stuff arrives: That way there is going to be no discussions about who broke or damaged anything. Peace of mind before you start is best.
- Did you keep your electronics boxes? If you did, there is absolutely no better way to move the amplifier, the speakers or the big TVs.
- Take the opportunity to get rid of things you don’t love: Not everything has to move with you. It’s a revelation, isn’t it? But it is true. You can donate, sell, trash, lose, dump or pass on anything you don’t really love any more.
Things to Know When Moving to Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix is a big city, 517.9 square miles and is the 5th or 6th largest city in the US depending on who’s counting. Locals refer to the whole thing as The Valley. There’s the east and west Valley and you will need to get used to what’s where otherwise you’ll always be in the wrong place.
But you’ll never get lost. South Mountain runs across the south side of the city, so if you’re feeling disorientated find out where the mountain is and you will be back on track immediately.
You are going to live in the dessert, so it is going to be hot, really hot. If you want to fit in, tell the locals it is better than humidity - which it is, ask any Philadelphian.
In Phoenix, almost everyone is from somewhere else. So don’t worry about being the odd person out, you’re not.