Are you planning on moving to the city of Scottsdale in the sunny state of Arizona? You’ve got a lot of work ahead of you when you start to plan your move. You need to get in touch with a moving company, you need to schedule a moving day, you need to make sure your budget is in order, you’ve got to start packing things up, and the list seems to go on and on.
What do you do? You can’t possibly keep this all organized in your head, let alone do everything by yourself before moving time rolls around! How do you plan to juggle planning the logistics of the move while also trying to pack everything up, find moving supplies, and everything else that goes with the process?
The good news is that you can relax. You see, your friends at iMoving know what it’s like to be frustrated with the moving process. We’ve found that some moving companies are unclear on prices, estimates are often not the same as the final bill, crews don’t show up on time - we could go on all day.
This is why we created iMoving. We wanted to build a network of moving companies who are proven to be great at what they do, who are trustworthy, reliable, and do everything they can to go above and beyond for their customers. That is why iMoving thoroughly vets every Scottsdale moving company that is a part of our network.
We make sure you’re working with the best ahead of time, doing all the heavy lifting to verify any claims a company makes about themselves. This is why when you choose to work with a Scottsdale mover in the iMoving network, you will be able to move with confidence knowing your chosen mover is among the best in the business.
Moving Services in Scottsdale, Arizona
Planning your Scottsdale move isn’t going to happen in the blink of an eye, and it probably isn’t going to be the cheapest, either, especially if you’re moving in from out of state. For those who don’t have a lot of stuff (and have the energy), renting a truck, packing their things, and grabbing a few friends to load up the moving truck works.
But many people don’t have the time or physical ability to lift heavy things or pack up an entire house, let alone drive a large truck between states. Fortunately, this is where full-service movers come in. Whether you’re planning a local or a long-distance move, you can bet that a trusted Scottsdale moving company in the iMoving network can get you where you need to go, and provide some of the following special services as you need them.
- Full home packing services: This service is perfect for people who have no clue where to begin when it comes to packing up all of their belongings. Full-service movers are trained to quickly and efficiently pack things up, sort them by room, and have them neatly marked so you can easily identify what is what at any point during the move.
- Storage solutions: If you have something expensive that you’d rather not be carrying around with you during a move or would rather not put onto a moving truck, you can always consider putting it into storage for the moment. Many iMoving movers offer storage solutions for customers to take advantage of at any point before, after, or even during their move.
- Local moving: Local moving isn’t as expensive as it would be if you were moving further away, but racking up the hours can make it a little more pricey. Finding local moving companies in the iMoving network could help you find local movers who are professionally trained to handle your move in a quick, yet efficient fashion.
- Long distance moving: Long distance moving requires a little more work than a local move, and requires special licensing and insurance to make sure it is completely legal. You don’t have to worry about this with movers in the iMoving network, though. They have all been vetted to ensure they are fully qualified to help you get your long distance move underway.
- Commercial moving: Planning on opening a new business location in Scottsdale? You’ll be happy to know that many of our Scottsdale movers are fully equipped to help you move your office stuff, all of your technology and other office gear to your new place of business. You can be up and running in no time!
- Special handling: Don’t worry about hurting Grandma’s antique chair during your move when you work with a mover that offers special handling. Moving companies in our network offer special handling services for those old, antique items that need a little bit of finesse when being moved.
Simplify Your Move With These Easy Moving Tips
At iMoving, we know moving isn’t easy and we wish there was, even more, we could do to help simplify it for all the people who move to a new home every year. To be able to do a small part in potentially making your move simpler, keep some of these professional moving tips in mind when you prepare for your move.
- Get in touch with your movers before you do anything else
When planning your move, you want to be as efficient as possible. This means the first thing you should do when you are in the planning stages of your move is to get in touch with potential movers first. Once you have an estimate and a moving company you’re happy with, they will be able to help you schedule an official moving day. This is what you should work towards.
- Remove shelving and loose items from drawers and appliances before moving
To minimize weight and help keep your stuff safe during movement and on the moving truck, you should make sure everything is removed from drawers and appliances before they are lifted or moved. Most moving companies won’t even move drawers or appliances that still have personal things in them.
- Keep your important things close to you
Keep a backpack or duffel bag nearby with your cell phone charger, wallet, prescription medicines, toiletries, and any other important personal effects in it during your move. No one unpacks the minute their move is complete (they usually end up waiting several days). If you keep your “essentials bag” nearby, you’ll have everything you need in one bag and won’t have to go searching through things in the moving truck in the middle of the night.
Explore Scottsdale, Arizona
Are you ready to see everything Scottsdale has to offer? People already love the state of Arizona for many reasons, but Scottsdale offers a charm all its own, unlike so many other towns in Arizona. Scottsdale isn’t the largest city in Arizona, but it is definitely not the smallest, either, with 255,310 residents currently calling it home as of the 2018 census.
Just east of the city of Phoenix, the capital of Arizona, Scottsdale is known as a “desert town.” You’ll find an abundance of things to do here, and you’ll only keep discovering new things the longer you stay here.
People who love the Arizonian desert environment will really enjoy living in Scottsdale. Just north of the city, you will be able to find trails that go through the well-known McDowell Sonoran Preserve. Here, you’ll be able to see picturesque desert scenes: Cacti, sandy hills, and traditional desert formations of rock can all be seen in this area. Make sure you bring your binoculars!
People who are interested in local history might like visiting Downtown Scottsdale. Here, they can view buildings that date all the way back to the 1920s, and can even spot olive trees whose roots go all the way back to the 19th century. In close-by Taliesin West, you can go and visit the old studio and home of famed architect, Frank Lloyd Wright.
People who love golf will probably enjoy living in Scottsdale. Golf is a popular pastime here, and you’re sure to make a new friend or two if you spend enough time on the greens. When you’re done swinging for a hole in one, you can unwind with a nice walk on the Scottsdale Wine Trail, and learn all about where the local wines come from.
People who love museums will find that they may want to spend some time at the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art or Western Spirit: Scottsdale’s Museum of the West. While each one is differently themed, people interested in the arts or the Old West will surely love by stopping by these two locations.
Get Your Scottsdale Move On the Road Today
Does Scottsdale sound like something you might enjoy? This is just the tip of the iceberg, as there is so much more you’re going to learn and love about Scottsdale after you get here. Once you get to your new home in time, spend a day just to get out and explore. With a little time, it should become clear to you why so many Arizonians love visiting and living in Scottsdale.