12Years in Business
What are You moving?
How does it work?
Book Your Mover
Movers in District of Columbia
Moving day is coming and you’re looking at all of the details surrounding your move. How can you be certain that you’ve got everything that you need for your move? How do you schedule the best District of Columbia moving company and how do you know that you’re going about it the right way? iMoving is here to help you with every part of your local District of Columbia movers search.
At iMoving, we help to provide you with quotes so that you can get the best price for your move. All you need to do is give us the zip code of where you live and of where you’re going to move. Then, we provide you with quotes from several long distance District of Columbia moving companies that can provide you with the necessary services. All of the companies that we get quotes from have their licensing, bonding, and insurance worked out, and we’ve checked them all out ourselves.
So, instead of spending hours online looking for District of Columbia movers, take a look at our site and see what we can do to help you find the best movers for your purposes. iMoving is here to make the moving process simpler, whether you’re moving across town or across the country. Compare prices and find the best movers in the area so that you can get things started and have a move that goes smoothly for your entire family.
Moving Services in District of Columbia
- Full Packing: Packing takes a lot of time, and there are a lot of reasons you may need help. Partial and full packing services are an option with a number of the companies we provide quotes from.
- Storage: Are you moving to a smaller space, or is there lag time between the beginning and end of your move? Movers know that storage services can be essential. That’s why so many provide it.
- Local Moving: Even if you aren’t moving far, it can be difficult to move alone. Get quotes from local moving services via our site.
- Long Distance Moving: Long distance movers have been trained in how to take care of every aspect of long distance moves.
- Commercial Moving: Business relocations definitely take a lot of effort, and several of our companies offer specialized moving services for commercial enterprises.
- Special Handling Services: Do you own fine art, antiques, furniture or even large items like instruments? White glove services are available for you.
Make Moving Easier With These Moving Tips
- During the packing process, take some time to figure out what clothing doesn’t fit you anymore, or what items you never use anymore. By taking some time to make that happen before your move, you can reduce the amount of things that you pack (which could save time and money in the long run).
- Have a lot of books? Head to the liquor store! More often than not, they have incredibly sturdy boxes that are the perfect size for books and other heavier objects that may need to be packed at your home. You may also be able to get boxes from fast food places, your local gas station, and other places.
- When you get ready for the road trip part of your move, have the essentials in the car (or whatever vehicle you’re driving). Include things like snacks, medication, changes of clothing, coupons for fast food places, and whatever else that you may need.
What Should You Expect If You’re Moving to District of Columbia?
If you’re moving to the District of Columbia (license plate and all), you will find that actual residents call it “The District” instead of DC. Why? Because other areas that may be referred to as “DC” may not actually be in the District of Columbia. Also, get used to the term “DMV” – DC, Maryland, and Virginia – because you’ll hear that used a lot.
It’s rare to find people who stick around in DC. Since it’s where the government is, you’ll find everyone from politicians, to professional military, lobbyists, and emissaries. When the leadership in the White House changes, you will find that a lot of your neighbors change too. Get used to meeting new people, because you will always have the opportunity to do so.
And, as you would expect, there are always new things to do in DC. Currently, they are actually having a sort of food revolution with new restaurants. Whether you enjoy culture, food, or education, you can find fun ways to enjoy it all.