What are You moving?
How does it work?
Book Your Mover
Movers in Washington, DC
It’s time to start looking at your next move, and you want to be sure that you get the help that you need in order to stay ahead of the problems that may have come up in the past. You’ve decided that you want to hire a Washington DC moving service that can take care of your move for you. But, how can you find the right company to make it a reality?
With the help of iMoving, you can get quotes from a number of high quality Washington DC movers that offer a variety of services. When you log onto the site, all you need to do is let them know where you are living right now and where you plan on moving to with the help of long distance moving companies in Washington DC. Then, you can mark off any additional services that you want – storage, packing and unpacking, white glove services, etc. You will get quotes from several companies instantly.
All of the companies that iMoving works with are companies that have been licensed and certified by local and national guidelines and organizations. All of the movers in Washington DC that we work with have years of experience and also possess the correct insurance and other protective services so you can have peace of mind about working with them as well. You can compare prices, find the company that has the right services for your needs, and feel confident that you’ve made a great choice when you go with a company you found with iMoving.
Moving Services in Washington, DC
- Local and Long Distance Moving Services: No matter where you may be headed, inside or outside of DC, you will find that you can get plenty of help from moving services in and around the city.
- Packing and Unpacking: Many families don’t have the time to take care of packing in the days leading up to their big move. That’s why many moving services now offer packing and unpacking services.
- Storage Options: If there’s a delay, people are downsizing, or if they have to wait to move into their new home, storage may be necessary for the items that you were supposed to move with you. Some moving companies also provide storage services for an additional fee or cost.
- Special Request Moving Services: Offices and commercial buildings have special needs when it comes to moving. Large items, antiques, and other fragile items also need to be moved carefully, and many moving companies offer services that can provide for both.
Top Tips for Your Move
- Worried about your kids? Allow them to pack their own box with their own special items, and give them some markers so that they can decorate their box too. Have plenty of snacks and an overnight bag in case you need it.
- Be sure that you label everything properly so that the movers can know what rooms the different items are supposed to go into. Some people will even make a list of what is found in each box and color code everything so that they can put it all exactly where it needs to go.
- Need extra boxes? Your local restaurants, liquor stores, and large offices may have different sorts of sturdy boxes that you can use in order to ensure that you have plenty of space to put your items.
What To Keep in Mind When Moving to Washington, DC
If you’re moving to Washington DC from a more rural area or a smaller city, one of the things that you need to be aware of is the jump in the cost of living. It is one of the most expensive places to live and work in the country. Thankfully, for many people that live in DC proper, the salaries keep up with how much it costs to live there.
Knowing and understanding the local neighborhoods in Washington DC can be a big deal, and you want to be sure that you know what you’re getting into before choosing which neighborhood to move into, They are all unique in their own ways.
Transportation is a big mess in Washington DC, and you likely want to leave your car at home unless you’re going out of the city for some reason. Be sure that you know and understand the train schedules and their routes – it will save you time and headache to do so.