10Years in Business
What are You moving?
How does it work?
Book Your Mover
Movers in Indiana
Moving to a new place can be intimidating, and sometimes, the hardest part is making sure that you’ve gotten everything lined up and in order. How are you going to find the right movers in Indiana for the job? Are there options that will allow you to save time, money, and effort on the processes at hand? Can you find a company that meets all of your needs and checks all of the boxes?
When you start looking for local or long distance moving companies in Indiana, iMoving is here to help you. We’re what is called a moving facilitator – our job is to aggregate information from a number of local Indiana moving companies that we’ve developed relationships with. Then, we allow customers, like you, to use our website in order to let us know what it is that you’re looking for. Tell us where you’re located, where you’re headed, and what sorts of Indiana moving services that you’re going to need help with. Then, we help you to get quotes from multiple movers, allowing you to choose what’s right for your needs and budget.
All of our movers have been background checked by us. They have the proper certifications and they are all licensed to work in the industry. They also have their insurance and bonds, and may have additional certification and protections based on which company you hire.
Moving Services in Indiana
- Packing, Unpacking, and Storage Service: Getting your items from one place to another doesn’t have to be a difficult proposition. Many moving companies offer packing and unpacking services, and can store your items in between your move out and move in dates if necessary.
- Business Moves: Businesses have electronics, sensitive data, and lots of heavy furniture, and there are some moving companies that have special teams that know how to do business moves the right way.
- Residential Moves: Whether you’re moving down the street, across town, across the state, or across the country, you can find a moving company that is able to take care of your move in a way that is efficient and helpful for you and what you’re trying to accomplish.
- White Glove Handling: Do you have large items, antiques, or other items that have special handling instructions? Moving companies have techniques and protocol to take care of that, as well.
Top Tips for Your Move
- Your electronics are difficult to move, mainly because you have to remember how to set them up when you arrive at your destination. Take a picture of the back of your devices before you unplug them. Then, put the wires and such in bags that are labeled.
- Plastic wrap is a lifesaver during moves. Put it on top of toiletries to prevent leaking, put it around the top of drawers so that you don’t have to unpack and repack them, and use it to wrap sharp items.
- If you’re moving with kids, give them a box for their special things that they can decorate however they want. Also, be sure that you have snacks handy in case they get hungry – it’ll make the move a little simpler for everyone.
- Keep all of your valuables and identification on your person on moving day – it’ll make it a little less anxiety inducing if you know where they are and they’re nearby.
What to Keep in Mind When Moving to Indiana
When you become a resident of Indiana, you become – a Hoosier. Why? Because there was a contractor that was working on the Louisville and Portland Canal and his last name was Hoosier. He only hired people from Indiana to do his work, and so his employees got called Hoosiers. Then, it just bled into the state.
In Indiana, farming and agriculture are at the center of the economy and you see it all over the place. There are always great corn mazes during the fall, and you’re going to see a lot of cows. Sure, there are cities in Indiana, but many Hoosiers live in the rural areas.
There are also a number of great and enjoyable festivals and other entertainment activities found all through the state – from the Lotus World Music and Arts Festival, to the Parke County Covered Bridge Festival, there’s always something to do and check out.