Bronx is one of the nice places located in New York, one of the world’s best cities in terms of its cultural diversity, nightlife, tourist places, and home to lots of high tech and fortune 500 companies, Bronx also has the largest zoo in the United States. Hence, if you want to get the best of life and enjoy a whole lot of adventure at your leisure, then Bronx is the place to be. Aside the many economic opportunities that Bronx offers its residents, there are other vital reasons why one should consider moving to Bronx, you can search online for movers in Bronx who can help you with a seamless relocation from where ever across the globe and within the United States.
Ten Reasons to Move to Bronx, NY
Some of the reasons why people move include economical, employment, and the ease of living a quality life. However, below are some of the reasons why you should consider moving to the Bronx.
1. It is Affordable: The cost of living in Bronx is cheaper compared to other boroughs like Brooklyn, and Manhattan. The rent is reasonably low and affordable for both the middle class and upper class. There are more affordable apartment options as it is the more underrated and less popular of the five boroughs and as a result of this, the cost of getting an apartment is cheaper.
2. It Has its Own Beach: Although, Bronx is located on the mainland, it has its own beach unlike other boroughs located in New York City. Orchard Beach is located in Bronx and it draws lots of tourists and Bronxites in the summer where people can have great fun playing basketball, volleyball, it also has a promenade, snack bars, and pavilion that is opened to the public all through the year. Orchard Beach is one of the reasons why people don’t like to leave and it is also one of the reasons that attracts new neighbors to the city. You can imagine a time out at the sea side after a hectic day at work; that’s what the Bronx Beach is capable of offering its residents and environs.
3. Easy Access to Yankee Games: Living in Bronx gives you an easy access to the Yankee games. The Yankees are highly loved throughout New York especially with the Yankee Stadium located in Bronx, which makes Bronxites to refer to the Yankees as theirs. The Yankee stadium has hosted several world championship titles to Bronx and this makes it easy to find a sea of Yankees snapback hats.
4. Rich Cultural Mix: The Bronx population consists of people from different background and each with their unique lifestyles. The Bronx populace is made up of 31 percent African-American, 48 percent Hispanic, 15 percent Caucasian, and foreign born residents such as Jamaicans, Dominicans, and Mexicans complete the other percentage of people in Bronx. There is a healthy mix of both blue-collar and white-collar employees in Bronx, with the most popular profession being administrative support, service providers, sales, and professionals among others. Hence, if you want to have a blend of social-cultural blend with people from other parts of the world, then Bronx obviously is the right place to be for you. Bronx is a location with a great deal of ethnic cuisine consisting of Italian, West Indian, and Latin America among others.
5. Excellent Transportation System: The Bronx is one of the boroughs of New York City that is connected to the mainland. Which means residents can easily navigate through the city without the need to rely on tunnels and bridges any time they go out or move in or out of Bronx.
6. Suburban Feel: Bronx has a suburban feel, most especially the northern part of Bronx. As a result of this, it is more realistic to get an apartment in a decent sized environment and greenery. Hence, if you like that suburban feel where you don’t like a crowded neighborhood, then Bronx might just be an ideal place to live with your family.
7. Lower Risk of Flooding: Bronx is located at a higher elevation compared to other cities in New York City. Whenever there is a rise due to global warming, the Bronx is at a lower risk of being flooded. Hence, you have a little less to worry about as far as being victims of environmental disaster when you live in Bronx with your family.
8. Variety of Delicious Dishes: Living in Bronx affords you the ability to enjoy a variety of delicacies such as French fries and fresh jumbo fried shrimp in City Island in the summer. Unlike other places in New York, it has a great feeling of a quaint New England fishing Town. There is no dull moment living Bronx, if you are the kind of person that likes to try a whole lot of delicacies from diverse cultures.
9. Proximity to Green Area: Bronx is a place fortified with a whole lot of green space. Living in a green area is beneficial to general well-being of the physical and mental health. You have the opportunity of relaxing in the parks at your leisure after a hectic day and reflect on other things of life.
10. Diverse Cultural Events and Attractions: Bronx is home to several New York City’s biggest parks as parks such as Barretto Point Park, Pelham Bay Park, and Van Cortlandt Park are all located in Bronx. Also, it is a major attraction for tourists with places such as the Botanical Garden, Poe Cottage, and Bronx Zoo being the major attractions for people who visit Bronx. With all these side attractions in Bronx, it has risen to being referred to as one of the friendliest boroughs in New York City.
How to Move to Bronx
In order to move to Bronx, you need to engage the services of a reputable moving company. There are a lot of movers in Bronx who can help you relocate seamlessly to one of the exciting NYC. Invite your movers in order to get an in-home moving estimate so that you can get a clear idea of what the overall cost will amount to and you will be able to plan ahead. You have a whole lot of green areas to explore when you move to Bronx and you definitely will enjoy the adventure.