Finding a reputable moving company means you’re looking for individuals and businesses that have your best interest at heart. No one wants to be taken advantage of, especially when prized and personal possessions are at stake.
When you’re able to minimize hassle and trust those who are helping you get to where you need to go, moving can feel stress-free.
1. Know the inside scoop. You’re not a professional mover, so when it comes to trusting those who are helping you out, you need to know what to expect. Do your research.
The best way to safeguard your family and your valuables from “hostage-like” situations is to hire movers who have positive reviews and a number of “thumbs-ups” ratings.
2. Avoid paying large down payments, be suspicious of rates that seem especially low, and don’t shake hands on a deal if an individual won’t provide you an estimate on-site.
3. Be suspicious if the movers won’t take credit card.
4. Make sure the moving trucks are marked and branded. Those companies that can’t afford marking their vehicles may not be in business for the long haul.
5. Can you meet them in-person? When you’re looking to find out just what kind of movers you’ll be working with, meeting in-person can be the best way to size them up. Plus, in-home estimators can be more accurate than those who take estimations over the phone.
Read More ...