If you’re planning on moving within South Carolina or relocating to Columbia from another state, you’re going to need a team of trustworthy movers on your side to ensure that the move goes as smoothly as possible. When moving on your own, there are a lot of things that can go wrong and expenses can continue to rise as you buy more and more materials to pack everything in your home. With iMoving you can move affordably and efficiently without the usual frustration that comes with relocating.
iMoving checks every Columbia moving company in our network to make sure they have all the necessary qualifications and experience to move your items safely and securely, treating them with respect and caution. We pride ourselves on making moving as easy as possible, so we even inventory checklists available so that you can know exactly how much your move is going to cost.
All of our Columbia moving partners are dedicated to being the best in the business and their crews are trained to handle any kind of move you may require, from moving locally, moving cross-country, or relocating your commercial business. The companies we recommend are reliable and have received tons of positive reviews from satisfied customers in the past. You won’t ever have to worry about working with movers that are unprofessional or rude – our Columbia movers are courteous, respectful, and always professional.
iMoving is here to help make your Columbia, SC move as low stress as possible. We will only ever recommend movers that have passed our background check, are highly rated and have received customer approval. You can browse our network to find a local or long-distance moving company in Columbia to fit your household’s needs and your budget as well, cutting out extra expenses that could pop up when relocating without a professional moving company behind you.
Moving Services in Columbia, SC
- Full Packing: A lot of the Columbia moving companies in our network offer packing services to save you from the time, money, and stress that goes into packing everything on your own.
- Storage: If you’re in need of storage before or after moving to your new location, most of our moving partners have storage facilities that are temperature as well as pest controlled.
- Local & Long Distance: Whether you’re moving within the state of South Carolina or clear across the country, every moving company on iMoving is qualified to move your items securely and safely to their new destination.
- Commercial Moving: If your move involves a commercial business, we’ve got you covered with the best moving companies in Columbia to take care of your business relocation.
- Special Handling: For anything that may require special handlings, like family heirlooms or large pieces of furniture, the moving companies in our extensive network are skilled and trained to make sure your items get to their destination in one piece.
Moving comes with a lot of things to worry about organizing, but there are ways you can make the process easier and more affordable. iMoving always wants to make sure your move goes as smooth as possible, so here are some tips to help you move more efficiently.
- Keep similar items clustered together. It makes it much easier to organize and pack items when you have like items side by side, and you can quickly go through and make sure that you’re not missing anything.
- Make a checklist. There’s a lot that could go wrong or get forgotten about in the hustle and bustle of moving. Make a checklist to ensure that you’ve got everything covered so there are no last minute surprises.
- Limit your groceries as you get closer to the moving date. Keep perishable items to a minimum and try not to buy anything that needs to be refrigerated within 2 weeks of your move to avoid unnecessary waste when it’s time to move into your new place.
- Wrap delicate or fragile items in clothing. Your household items can come in handy for keeping glass and electronics from getting damaged during the move. Use towels, blankets, or clothing to keep dishes, TVs, and other breakable items secure.
- Don’t throw away all your screws or bolts. Instead, put them in a plastic bag and keep them secure until you need them again in your new home. Be sure to place the bag inside the box with all your tools and handy items to keep everything organized.
- Pack essential items and necessities in an overnight bag along with several outfits and other things you might need during the first few days of your move. This way, if there are any unfortunate delays you can stay comfortable and freshen up.
Things to Know About Columbia, SC
If you don’t know much about Columbia, SC, then you’re missing out on some valuable and interesting information. This city is actually the capital of the state of South Carolina, which is known as the Palmetto State. They have a bunch of fun things for both children and adults to enjoy, making this a very interesting city to call home. The local residents are friendly and you can enjoy the beautiful scenery.
If you’re wondering what activities there are for the entire family, there is no shortage of amazing things to do once you get settled in, such as visiting the numerous museums with exhibits and artifacts that tell the story of the area. There’s the EdVenture Children’s Museum as well the state museum, where you and your children can learn and hand fun at the same time.
If you prefer animals, then take a stroll to the local zoo or national park to feat your eyes on nature and beautiful animals. There are also gardens you can visit and smell the fresh flowers in the region. You could even get adventurous and go canoeing on the river – just try not to flip the canoe!
South Carolina is a fascinating place, and Columbia is one of the most interesting cities in the entire state. If you want to make your move to this beautiful area as quick and painless as possible, trust one of the moving companies in our iMoving network to get you into your new home as quickly and efficiently as possible. Every mover has been checked and verified to make sure they can handle your move with as much ease as possible, ensuring the safety of all of your belongings and valuables. If you’re ready to get settled into your new home, work with iMoving.