iMoving is here to make moving simpler, easier and safer. When you book a move through us, your move will be free of hassles and nasty surprises.
Milwaukee long distance and local movers are everywhere, but it’s too easy to throw a website up and make claims that cannot be backed up. iMoving has built a network of fully insured, licensed moving professionals that have real reviews from the real clients that they worked with. You decide which Milwaukee mover is good enough to handle your move and we make sure the process is seamless until you are satisfied.
To get started, you’ll need to get a quote. Whether you get a quick quote or a precise quote, the process is the same. Tell us the details of your move and we will show you moving companies in Milwaukee that can move everything you need on the day you want, and how much it costs. You can filter by ratings or price, then choose a company. You can change the inventory as much as you want and all prices are clearly marked.
If you need storage, cars transported across the country, or large items disassembled, the Milwaukee movers we partner with can provide all the relocation services you could want. When you work with iMoving, you are in touch with the best Milwaukee, WI moving companies that prioritize your satisfaction at affordable and competitive prices.
For the best moving experience, try iMoving and see how we have done all the heavy lifting for you before you’ve even started.
Moving Services in Milwaukee, WI
- Commercial Moving: Offices and retail locations change their addresses much more than the average household. Commercial services make moves easy, quick and as painless as possible without getting in the way of employees.
- Full Packing: Don’t agonize over having to pack everything if you simply don’t have the time. Let a professional do it instead. They will bring all the supplies you need and are happy to pack your things, label them and unpack them at the new place.
- Storage: Some moving companies have large warehouses that can be used to store your things for a fee. This comes in handy if your new place is not yet ready or your business needs to get rid of inventory quickly to make space for new products.
- Loading & Unloading: It’s easy to think that you and your friends will be able to lift everything and get it into the truck, but professionals do more than lift a box. They also know how to stack boxes to reduce pressure on them and how to optimize the space of the truck.
Moving Tips for a Better Milwaukee Move
Request time off from work
After a day of uprooting your life and putting it all in a new place, going to work the next day isn’t high on many people’s lists. You are going to be exhausted, excited and a bit overwhelmed so why not give yourself a break. Let your boss know you’re going to be moving and take the day after the move off so you can decompress. If that’s not possible, another trick is to move on a Friday, you’ll have the next two days to catch some rest and even decorate.
Put any essential documents in one place
Important things like your social security card, passport, and birth certificate shouldn’t be placed in just any box. Don’t pack them up at all. Keep them on your person on move day because they should only be entrusted with you. Losing government documents or valuables, like money and jewelry, can be avoided.
Plan your last week of meals
The time you’ll put into moving will take a toll and there will be many nights where you don’t want to cook and paying for food will not feel cost-effective. By knowing what you’ll be eating ahead of time, you can shop for exact ingredients the final week before the move and make use of the perishable food you already have in the fridge. This also reduces the likelihood that you will waste food.
Move during unpopular times
Everyone is moving in the summer, on holidays, or the weekend, and that means that Milwaukee moving companies can charge higher prices because demand is so high. You can easily save money by moving in the fall or spring and moving on a Tuesday or Wednesday instead of Saturday.
Use paper bags for glassware
Paper bags provide better protection for your glass bowls, cups and plates and won’t leave ink stains that you’ll have to clean later.
Things to Know When Moving to Milwaukee, WI
- In 11 Days You Can Experience Every Genre of Music: That’s because Milwaukee has Summerfest, the largest music festival in the world. Summerfest has over 800 musical acts that include local favorites and legends like Tina Turner and Led Zepplin. Usually held at the end of June, the festival is 11 days long, comprises 11 different stages and takes up 75 acres of land.
- Bio-Domes: The Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory has three domes that are dedicated to three separate climates. You can visit a desert oasis, floral garden or a tropical jungle. There are also some amazing light shows that are performed at the building in the evening.
- A Challenge to Be Fresh and Local: Annually held in Milwaukee, the Eat Local Resource Fair helps people prepare for the Eat Local Challenge, which empowers people to implement foods from local stores into their diets. This event also has lots of cool resources for eating and buying local foods, recipes and workshops on eating on a budget.
- Flavored Ice Cream: We aren’t just talking about vanilla and chocolate ice cream. Purple Door Ice Cream is a delicious parlor that has a cult following because the flavors offered are always changing. Eight different flavors are offered each day and 40 flavors are in rotation. Try whiskey bacon or piquant absinthe.
- Coastal City: Located on Lake Michigan’s southeastern shore, Milwaukee has a ton of coastal activities to get lost in. Kayaking, fishing, and sailing are available for those who love adventure and its award-winning shoreline is beautiful to look at or to set up a net and play some volleyball.
- So Much Green: Can a city have as much greenery and still be a city? Milwaukee definitely thinks so. There are more than 140 parks in the city and they cover a whopping 15,000 acres of land. This space has an amazing farmer’s market and Cathedral Park, where Jazz in the Park happens every Thursday.
iMoving has a network of local movers that can get you to Milwaukee affordably and safely. Our professionals are honest, highly recommended and do high-quality work. Get a quote today and take the guesswork out of how much it will cost to get to Wisconsin.