What are You moving?
How does it work?
Book Your Mover
Moving into a new home can be a great experience that creates memories that last a lifetime. To make sure that these memories are good ones, use iMoving to find local and long-distance moving companies in Durham, NC that can take the frustration away from the moving process.
With iMoving, you’ll be able to get an accurate estimate of how much it will cost to move your items to the new location. Whether you’re making a short move within the state or a cross-country move, you can count on the Durham moving companies in our network to make sure your items arrive at their destination safely.
You’ll only be working with the best movers in Durham at iMoving. The moving companies we work with have been put through a thorough verification process to ensure their quality and professionalism on every job. You can even get a precise quote for your move, allowing you to go with the company that best fits your needs and your budget.
To use the precise quote feature, simply enter the location you are currently residing in and then the location you are moving to. After that, make a list of the items you’ll be moving and then your search will connect you with a vast network of Durham moving companies that can help you manage your move and get the most out of your budget.
iMoving is dedicated to making your move a delightful experience and taking away the stress of moving, so consider us when planning your move to Durham, NC.
Moving Services in Durham, NC
Storage Services: If any of your items will need to be stored before, during, or after your move, there are Durham moving companies that offer temperature and pest controlled storage space.
- Local moves: Moving a short distance away may seem easy, but it involves much more than you expect. The help of a local mover in Durham can simplify the process immensely.
- Long-distance moves: For moving across state lines or from coast to coast, look for a company with the experience needed to execute a long-distance move. Many of iMoving’s partners have the credentials and expertise to make sure your items arrive at their new destination safely.
- Commercial relocations: Commercial business moves can be executed efficiently and with precision by qualified and experienced moving companies in Durham without interrupting any business operations.
- Full packing: For large homes or seniors that have limited mobility, full packing services from moving companies are recommended to make sure your home is packed in the most efficient way and all items are accounted for.
Tips for an Easier Move
If you’re moving, a lot of things can go wrong if you’re not fully prepared. To make sure that you keep track of everything, here are some tips to make moving a bit more organized.
- Call Service Companies
If you have cable, internet, or a home phone, it’s a good idea to let these companies know you’re planning on moving so that services can be transferred to your new building. If you’re going to be getting internet or cable service installed, try to plan the installation ahead of time so that you don’t have to wait several days or weeks to be connected.
- Budget for Fast Food
The chances are that you won’t be able to cook a full meal for at least a day after arriving in your new home. Be sure to make room in your budget for fast food and restaurants for a few days so that you can get the kitchen organized and go to a grocery store. You should also keep some canned goods handy for quick family meals if you’re looking to save a little money.
- Last In, First Out
When you or your Draper moving crew is packing items into the moving truck, put your least essential items in first. This may sound counterintuitive, but doing so allows you to remove them from the truck first when you begin to unpack. You’ll be able to have all the necessities out and organized much faster by following the last in, first out rule.
- Use a Planner
Staying organized during your move is crucial to making sure you have everything packed and nothing important is left behind. Having a planner or some kind of calendar is one way to do this, keeping you and the rest of the household up to date on things that need to be done and important dates that should be remembered.
A Little Bit of Info About Durham, NC
If you’ve never been to Durham before, you may be shocked at what you see. From the beautiful city to the locals, there is so much to do and explore that it may be a bit overwhelming. Don’t worry, the city isn’t going anywhere, so you can take your time getting settled into your new home.
- The people are very friendly. You won’t have to worry about making friends, you’ll find that they flock to you! It’s the perfect place to get social and make new friends, enjoying your time out on the town with new faces and friendly conversation. You can learn a lot by speaking with the locals, learning about places you should visit and activities to try in the city.
- The scenery is beautiful. For anyone that loves nature, you can find amazing parks and other natural areas to enjoy. You could walk through the historical district or take a journey to Eno River State Park for a glimpse of the natural ecosystem and a close up look at the area’s wildlife.
- There’s never a boring moment. Once you arrive, expect nothing less than nonstop fun. There’s never a boring moment when you’re in Durham – even just a simple walk down the street can reveal interesting things you’ve never noticed about the surrounding area. If you have children, they’ll love all the museums and fun educational opportunities present.
You can get the most out of your move to Durham, NC by getting out and seeing all that there is to see. To help you do this faster, iMoving makes packing and unpacking simple by connecting you with the most qualified movers in Durham. You’ll wish you could snap your fingers and put everything in place, so you can get outside and explore, but we provide the next best thing – experts that can make it seem like that’s what has happened.