What are You moving?
How does it work?
Book Your Mover
El Cajon Movers
iMoving is here to help you with your next big move to a new home! We’re a company that focuses on helping you to find the resources that you need while also providing you with the best service from the beginning until the end. We’re a moving facilitator with years in the moving industry that can connect you with the ideal El Cajon moving company.
One of the best reasons to use iMoving is because we take a lot of time vetting and background checking every long-distance or local moving company in El Cajon, CA that we offer quotes from. These partners are some of the best that you can find – they’re licensed and well-trained, and they have great histories of top-end customer service. We partner with them because we trust them to take care of you and the items that you’re moving to your new home.
When you get quotes from iMoving, you get a brief overview of the different quotes that you may be offered. Then, you can get precise quotes, which break them down and help you to see everything that is included in that quote. Then, you can use iMoving.com to schedule your move – we’ll take care of the details, including sending your cash to them, and you don’t have to worry about anything else that may come up with it.
Our team is here to provide you with top-end customer service from beginning to end so that you can focus on all of the other details related to your relocation process.
Moving Services in El Cajon, CA
- Packing/Unpacking: Need some help packing and/or unpacking the items in your home? Many El Cajon movers we partner with will do this for an additional fee.
- Local Moves: Shorter moves, like when you’re staying in the same town or general area, take much less time and are usually changed by the hour.
- Long-Distance Moves: Long-distance or cross-country moves require movers to take a longer period of time out of their day or week, so they usually end up charging you based on the number of rooms that you’re moving and how far you’re going.
- Corporate Moves: Businesses often need to move a number of fragile items, including electronics, furniture, and other heavy and awkward pieces of equipment.
- Other Miscellaneous Services: Storage services, the purchase of moving supplies and packing kits, and white glove services may also be options for your move.
Tips for Making Your Move Simpler
- Plastic wrap is your friend
You want to be sure that you use plastic wrap on the toiletries and other liquid items that you may be taking. Put a little bit of plastic wrap over the opening, under the lid, and you’ll be good to go. You can also put plastic wrap over your drawers for easy packing and unpacking.
- Pack your important items in an “open first” clear bin
You want to know where your social security card, birth certificate, and other important items are. You also want to have cleaning supplies handy, and you may also be looking for items like nightclothes, sheets, or pots and pans. Put them in an “open first” bin that’s clear and easy to see.
- Don’t make dinner your first night in the new place
Moving day is a busy and crazy day, and you’re likely to be quite exhausted when you’re done. Be sure that you schedule some time to eat out or to order in – you’ll be glad that you did.
- Put together an inclusive inventory list
You want to inventory everything that you’ll be taking with you to your new place. You want to know what it is that you’re leaving with so that your moving company can have a fairly solid idea of what it is that you should have with you when you unpack.
- Don’t pack everything you currently own!
You want to take this opportunity to go ahead and donate or sell some of the stuff that you don’t want or need anymore. Split everything up and make sure that you get rid of the items that you aren’t using. Maybe you can even have a yard sale to get rid of some of the stuff that you’re positive you aren’t going to need anymore.
Things to Consider Before Your Move to El Cajon, CA
- The climate of El Cajon is quite similar to other parts of southern California – it’s semi-arid, so it’s pretty dry and it gets drier as you move further east. Summers get hot – up to 100+ degrees – but winters are relatively mild. You want to be sure to have air conditioning in your new home!
- Culture is a big deal in El Cajon – the downtown areas are bursting with life; filled with art galleries, a farmer’s market, all sorts of small businesses to shop at, and festivals to enjoy all year long. The area is incredibly diverse, allowing you to enjoy a number of experiences that you wouldn’t find anywhere else.
- The educational system is not only excellent, but it’s also one of the biggest employers in the region. There are two school districts in and around El Cajon, and four colleges.
- El Cajon is a suburb of San Diego, and many people who live in and around El Cajon go into San Diego for work, among other reasons. Because of its proximity to San Diego, many people say that the area definitely feels like a “little San Diego” in terms of the atmosphere and interaction you get on a day to day basis.
- There are a number of different options for public transportation in and around El Cajon, and many of them take you into San Diego. This can help to reduce the amount of time that you spend driving in and around the San Diego area. The traffic is especially busy in and around the city, so it’s often much better for you to go ahead and take the bus, train, or some form of ridesharing to get from place to place. If you commute to work in San Diego, be sure to get a monthly public transit pass.