What are You moving?
How does it work?
Book Your Mover
iMoving was created with the goal of eliminating price fluctuations and unreliable moving services. We are available throughout the United States, providing users with safe and reliable movers that they know are licensed as well as fully insured. Any final quotes you see for prices are fixed, so there will be no sudden price increase for moving services.
All of the Miami moving companies we partner with have been interviewed by our iMoving team of experts to eliminate bad service that often comes with using unverified companies. At iMoving, our focus is on giving you the best moving experience possible, whether it be a local move or something long distance.
You’ll never have to worry about whether your possessions are in good hands or not when you hire one of the Miami movers in our network. Every company we feature on our site is insured, authenticated, and has been put through our in-depth screening process.
The process is so easy you almost won’t believe it. Just enter the details of your move, and instantly get connected with several moving companies in the Miami area. Compare prices, read real reviews, and book your choice online. It only takes a few minutes to get everything set up with a reputable moving company in Miami.
If you have any further questions, our support staff is available at any time with answers and other help.
Moving Services in Miami
Every home has different obstacles to overcome when it is time to relocate. Some homes are so huge it might seem impossible to take everything. Others may not enjoy the process of packing up all household items, making it a laborious and extremely difficult task. We have some good news for when things seem overwhelming.
We do not only connect you with moving companies. iMoving also lets you set up additional features and services from Miami moving companies that include them. Some of these services include packing, storage, and more. If you want more information, take a look at the mover you are considering and find out what additional moving services they offer.
- Local Moving: Local moves are also called intrastate moves, meaning they do not cross any state lines. Each state requires different credentials for moving companies, so they must meet all the expectations for that specific state to remain licensed. Local moves in Miami are often hourly-based, so your final cost will depend on the length of the move.
- Packing Services: Some Miami movers include packing services. These take away some of the stress of preparing the home for a move by delegating the packing process to a moving company. Packing services only include packing household items, if you need additional services those can also be set up depending on the moving company you choose.
- Long-Distance Moving: These moves actually cross state lines. Movers must be licensed by the FMCSA or Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Prices for these moves are often based on the weight of items along with the distance being traveled. It is important to note that no matter the distance if a state is a line is crossed it is considered long-distance, not local.
- Boxes & Supplies: If you’re in need of boxes, you don’t need to worry! A lot of Miami movers provide boxes to transport your precious items as well as special supplies to get out heavy furniture. They can also move refrigerators and other appliances, so all your items get to their new destination with ease.
- Storage: If there are any setbacks on your moving date, movers can help you determine how to properly store your items until they can be placed in their new location. Arranging storage services through a moving company is often easier than finding a storage place on your own and making further arrangements.
- Business Services: If you are a business owner, moving is a bit more complicated. On iMoving you can find companies that specialize in commercial moves, saving you money and keeping your business on schedule. Whether it is an office, restaurant, bank, or any other commercial business you can benefit from utilizing our resources and connections to the best Miami moving companies.
Things to Consider Before Hiring a Moving Company in Miami
When you’re looking for a moving company, you have to think about how they will benefit you. Every company is different. They each have amenities and services that are custom to their business. It is imperative that you compare them to find the Miami moving company that is best suited for your unique requirements.
Movers simplify the entire moving process, and iMoving simplifies the process of finding and comparing hundreds of movers to find the right one for you. To help you find the best moving company for any relocation projects, we have provided a list of key components to look for in a mover.
Look at the reviews of customers that have gotten services from the company you are looking at. If there are a lot of bad reviews mixed in with a few good ones, that is a red flag. These are individuals that have gotten services from the company and have not had a good experience.
Avoid lots of bad reviews, instead of finding companies with good ones. However, if things look too good to be true that is also something to be wary of. Look at the authenticity of the reviews to make sure they have not been faked. If everything looks good, move onto the next step.
Licenses and Insurance
You should never use the services of a company that is not fully licensed either in their state or by the FMCSA. Local movers have to remain compliant within their state jurisdiction while long-distance movers must be federally compliant to all moving company requirements. Using an unlicensed mover could result in damage, theft of property, or even injury. Licensed movers are bound by state and federal laws to protect all of your household items and property.
- All moving companies in the state of Florida must have liability and motor vehicle insurance.
- Liability covers damage to household goods that is, per shipment, not less than $10,000.
You need a mover that can fit all of your personal items and more. Make sure the company you are looking into has enough room to safely transport all of your materials to their new location. It is also important to note any restrictions that will have to be considered when moving, such as any physical constraints on your new or existing property.
If you have large items that will need to be transported, make sure the company will be able to pack and transport the item. They should have all the necessary equipment on-hand to do the job easily, safely, and without any issues.
Experienced movers are a must when it comes to transporting the invaluable items of your home or business. For this reason, iMoving only partners with movers that have been registered for more than two years. This takes away the hassle of employing a moving company that does not have the equipment or skill to move your items without damaging them. Do not put the care of your valuables in the hands of inexperienced movers.
Questions You May Have When Looking for a Moving Company in Miami
When you’re searching for moving companies, you will notice that there are tons of them out there. Each one has different services they offer as well as prices. If you’re feeling a bit boggled at what to look for in the perfect company for your situation, iMoving is here to help. You don’t have to worry about the stress of finding a mover in Miami – we take care of all of that for you.
By simply searching on our website, you can find and compare a shortlist of Miami movers that are likely a good fit for your relocation project. But you may still have questions when it comes to what to look for in a company, and we are here to answer them.
1. Should I get a mover in my current location or in Miami?
This all depends on the type of services each area offers. Some companies have branches in several states, so their prices will often be the same no matter which direction they must go. You may find cheaper rates from a local company, or you may find a better rate with a Miami moving company. Don’t fret – we provide cost comparisons to find you the best option.
2. Can I take everything with me when I move?
You can, but some things may not be able to go in a moving truck. Moving companies have to abide by state and federal laws when it comes to what items they can or cannot transport. For example, plants and animals cannot go in the back of a moving truck. Materials that contain liquids may or may not be allowed, it is important to check with your movers about what materials you should pack.
3. Why is it important for movers to have insurance?
All licensed movers are required to have both liability and motor vehicle insurance. Liability insurance covers any damage on household items that occurs during the packing and transportation process. This means that insurance is what keeps movers from breaking items and not compensating you for said broken items. This is extremely important for fragile items, such as glass vases or instruments.
4. What documents should I have?
Every mover within Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach county should provide you with a written estimate if the move is to take place 3 days after Miami moving services have been sought. You should also receive a copy of a tri-county moving consumer bill of rights and disclosure statement. If you have received a written estimate, your final cost should not be more than 10 percent above the estimate.
How to Reduce Your Moving Costs
Moving can be expensive, but there are ways to cut costs and save yourself some extra money. Maybe you can go out and celebrate moving into your new office or abode or buy a new rug for your new hardwood floors. At iMoving, we believe in saving you as much money as possible when it comes to making the big Miami move.
Below you will find some helpful tips and tricks to help you get the ball rolling without spending more than you want.
- Move when it’s off-season. It’s not always possible to control exactly when you’re moving, but if you have the chance it is better to leave during an off-season. The off-season in Miami is anywhere from September to May. If you can’t make those dates, then try moving on a weekday sometime around the middle of the month. This can drop your quoted prices by more than 20%.
- Set a budget. Budgeting helps you stay completely in control of your finances, so you don’t end up spending more than you can. Make a list of everything you will need for the move and figure out your expenses before jumping into the moving process.
- Get rid of old junk by decluttering. There’s no need to bring old or broken items into a new home or office. Look around and figure out what items can be thrown out, sold, or donated and what needs to go into the moving truck. This will save you time when it comes to packing everything, and it will also save you money if your movers charge by weight.
- Do your own packing. Moving companies can include packing services, but these add more dollars to the moving bill. Do your packing yourself or get friends and family to help out. If you need large items moved, you may still need some additional help from movers, but definitely not as much as you would if they were to pack up the entire home or office.
- Get your boxes for free. So, you’ve decided to pack everything yourself – but what do you pack it in? Ask around at local stores, markets, and schools for free moving boxes. Friends and colleagues may also be able to supply some boxes, taking away another expense from the moving budget.
- Get additional moving insurance. Even the best can make mistakes sometimes. To be on the safe side, it is recommended that you get supplemental insurance on top of the insurance your licensed moving company is already providing. This can cover any out-of-pocket costs for items that are damaged or lost during the move.
- See if you can deduct the move from your taxes. In some cases, you can claim the cost of moving on your taxes if you qualify. Check with your tax preparer about any expenses that could potentially be claimed on tax papers and you may get some of your moving expenses back.
One more important tip is to stay organized. iMoving can help you find the best movers in your area, but it is up to you to make sure everything is packed away and labeled appropriately so that nothing is lost.
iMoving Simplifies the Journey
Our website if the best place to find the most reliable moving companies in Miami and around the United States. Our service is fast and easy, connecting you with licensed movers in as little as a few minutes. iMoving provides every user with reputable moving services, so there is no need to blindly pick a moving company.
Every mover we partner with has been verified through our intense selection process. iMoving only lists companies that have been active for more than two years and have plenty of customer reviews. There is no need to doubt anything about your move when you use iMoving.